|Born Name||Francia Raisa Almendarez|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Sibling||Irlanda Almendarez (sister), Italia Almendarez (sister), Cynthia Hernandez (sister)|
|Parents||Renan Almendarez Coello (father), Virginia Almendarez (mother)|
Last Updated on
The songstress, Selena Gomez, 25, surprised everyone when she made a heart-touching announcement Thursday morning on Instagram post. She recently received a kidney transplant from Francia Raisa due to her struggle with lupus.
So, Who is the brave young lady who made such an ultimate sacrifice to her friend? Well, she is none other than Selena’s best friend, Francia Raisa.
Francia Raisa, a 29-year-old model and Secret Life of the American Teenager star, had been a friend to Selena a decade ago. They first met each other when Disney and ABC Family had the stars visit the Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles. Since then, they are close friends and frequently call each other their ‘sister.’
I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery. And finally, there aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis. Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made. For more information regarding Lupus please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org/ -by grace through faith
Caption: Actress Francia Raisa donated her kidney to her best friend, Selena Gomez.
After Gomez paid her tribute to Raisa via Instagram and said she was incredibly blessed to have such a friend in her life; Raisa shared a heartfelt message of her own about how the surgery has strengthened both of them and their relationship forever. She also had the opportunity to boost lupus awareness.
I am beyond grateful that God would trust me with something that not only saved a life but changed mine in the process. This was part of our story, and we will share it soon, but what is important now is that this is not the only story
Raisa wrote with her post on Instagram, showing her and Gomez next to each other in hospital beds during the procedure.
Also, Read: Unpretty Rapstar’s Yuk Ji Dam Surgery
They have always been supportive and kind to each other in their respective careers. And now, that sisterly love is stronger than ever before after they expressed their feelings to each other.
Caption: The sisterly bond between Francia Raisa and Selena Gomez, 22 July 2017.
More You’d Like To Know About Francia; Wiki-Like Short Bio
- Born on July 26, 1988, Francia Raisa is an American television actress. Her home town is Los Angeles, California. Her father is Renan Almendarez Coello and mother is Virginia Almendarez.
- Raisa has Mexican descent and has two younger sisters; Italia and Irlanda. She has a perfect figure with a height of 5 ft 3 inch. She attended Bishop Alemany High School.
- Francia took dance lessons in all styles at the age of five and also trained in karate and ice skating.
- Raisa has made her appearance in Iyaz’s music video “So Big” and Lil’ Romeo’s music video “My Girlfriend.”
- She has co-starred in the Nickelodeon movie Shredderman Rules, The Cutting Edge: Chasing the Dream, and The Cutting Edge: Fire and Ice.
Caption: Francia Raisa co-starred in The Cutting Edge: Fire & Ice, 14 March 2010.
- Raisa is most famous for her roles in drama Bring It On: All or Nothing and The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
- She has won Gracie Allen Award for ‘The Secret Life of the American Teenager.’
- Raisa currently hosts “WTFrancia” on the Main Stage on Dash Radio.
- Raisa has been engaged to her boyfriend, Hosea Chanchez in 2013. However, she has not married yet. She is not a wife to a husband and is currently single.
- Raisa previously dated her ex-boyfriend, Romeo Miller from 2010 to 2012. She also dated Shane Sparks for three years from 2006 to 2009.
Also, Read: American Actress Shailene Woodley Dating
- She made herself featured on the August cover of “Backstage” magazine.
- Francia works to raise awareness in her spare time on important causes such as hunger, sex trafficking, domestic violence, and female empowerment.
- Raisa as an actress and model has made herself valuable and enjoys a net worth of $3 million as of 2019.